Nash, Texas is a small city located just east of Texarkana, TX along Interstate 30. In its early days, Nash was commonly referred to as T.C. Junction due to the city’s location where the Texas and Pacific Railway divided into two lines. In 1884, the name “T.C. Junction” was changed to “Park” in honor of the town’s first postmaster. Finally, in 1906, the town decided to change its name for a second time. This time, they chose the name “Nash” in honor of a local railroad superintendent.
According to the latest estimates, there are roughly 2,400 people living in Nash, TX. The city is a suburb of the greater Texarkana Metropolitan area. The city also serves as a bedroom community for Texarkana as the vast majority of the people living in Nash commute to Texarkana for work and for entertainment purposes.