Free or Budget-Friendly Albuquerque Events in March 2019
by Cash Store Staff
Free Family-Friendly Events
- 03/01 - First Friday ArtsCrawl - Albuquerque The Gallery ABQ in Hoffmantown is an artist-owned gallery of fine artists and craftspersons. We offer a wide variety of mediums, subjects and styles in a welcoming creative space. We embrace creativity and innovation, allowing each member artist to express their individual point of view while maintaining the highest standards. This month First Friday ArtsCrawl includes Re-Birth: Creative Works of the Rainbow Artists at the Tortuga Gallery, Jennifer Cavan & Reg Loving New Mexico Landscapes at Sumner & Dene, and Natalie Voelker: Fortitude – Portraits of the Perseverant at Harwood Art Center.
- 03/02 - ¡Vamos al Museo! - Albuquerque A great morning of art-making for children of all ages and families of all sizes. A visit to the museum is included in this artist-led workshop. We will meet in the Creative Classroom in the Pete V. Domenici Building.
- 03/30 - 26th Annual César Chávez Day Fiesta - Albuquerque Join us in honoring the life and legacy of César Chávez at the 26th annual César Chávez Day Fiesta, with a march—La Marcha de Justicia—followed by a family fiesta at the Center that includes poetry, dancing, community exhibits, children’s activities and games, food, and live music.
- Weekends in March - Mundos de Mestizaje - Albuquerque A Vision of History through Fresco… Mundos de Mestizaje by Frederico Vigil is a mural housed in the Torreón on the campus of the National Hispanic Cultural Center. This monumental fresco depicts thousands of years of Hispanic history highlighting diverse cultural connections between people and places from the Iberian Peninsula to the Americas. The 4,000 square foot painting is one of the largest frescos in North America. The digitized imagery of the painting ensures that this culturally significant work can be a sharing and learning experience for students and families anywhere. We invite you to explore the imagery, history and complexities of the Mundos de Mestizaje mural.
- Monthly on the 1st Friday - Downtown ABQ Artwalk - Albuquerque
Head downtown for every First Friday of each month for ABQ Artwalk! Multiple downtown businesses and venues uniting to bring you First Friday art shows, live music and unique events! With each venue offering something different.
- Monthly on the 2nd Saturday - ABQ Megaband Jam - Albuquerque
“The Albuquerque Megaband” is an open community band which provides an opportunity for musicians to get together and play acoustic string band music.
- Wednesdays - Paint it Black Open Mic Comedy - Albuquerque
If you are working on new or existing jokes, want to try it out for the first time, or just want to have fun and relax, this is the night for you. $1 off drinks for comics.
- All of March - Visions of the Hispanic World - Albuquerque - $5-$11
The exhibition "Visions of the Hispanic World: Treasures from the Hispanic Society Museum & Library" includes over 200 of the most exceptional works spanning over 3,000 years in the collections of The Hispanic Society of America. A significant number of these works have not been exhibited outside of the Hispanic Society, and some have never before been exhibited. The exhibition opened at Museo Nacional del Prado.
- 03/02 - Frankenstein - Albuquerque - $25-$69
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein has haunted our collective imagination for 200 years. First published in 1818, her novel is considered the first true science fiction novel, a classic that explores science’s potential in opposition to its consequences. Victor Frankenstein creates life and, dealing with the repercussions of his actions, he must destroy his own creation. Aquila Theatre’s production of this timeless piece creates a bold and thrilling homage to Shelley’s original novel.
- 3/2-3/31 - March Madness Flower Show - Albuquerque - $5-$14.50
Welcome the coming of spring with colorful blooms at the Botanic Garden. Visit the Botanic Garden's Mediterranean Conservatory which will be blooming, regardless of the mad weather outside, with colorful Asiatic and Oriental lilies and white cyclamen.
- 3/3 & 3/8 - Canvas and Coffee Paint & Sip - Los Ranchos - $22-$35
How it works: Go to the calendar and choose a painting and date. Reserve your easel online or by phone (bring your friends!) Get ready to paint, drink coffee and have fun! We provide all supplies including an apron. Coffee or Tea and a Tasty Treat~both included in the price! We look forward to you coming to paint with us!
- Saturdays - Family Art Workshops at Albuquerque Museum - Albuquerque - $3-$6
Every Saturday from 1 to 2:30 p.m., create a work of art in the Museum School. Try your hand working with a variety of art mediums. Child and Grown-up friendly! A different project every week.
- 03/03 - A Midsummer Night's Dream - Albuquerque - $25-$69
The ever-creative Aquila Theatre brings Shakespeare’s most fanciful play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, to life. Journey to the enchanted forest with four young lovers as the bard weaves a magical web made of misplaced affections, misguided intentions, and mischievous fairies. Full of memorable characters — Puck, Oberon, Hermia, and Nick Bottom — and the famous “play within a play,” A Midsummer Night’s Dream is an unforgettable tale of love and all of its complications.
- 03/25 - Pints & Planks at Green Jeans - Albuquerque - $10+
Join YogaZo & SFBC for Pints & Planks! We will be meeting upstairs in the community area above Rustic and ChillN, across from the taproom. YogaZo will be hosting yoga each and every Monday at 6PM. Class is $10 cash/card (or bring your YZ Class Pass) and gets you a 60 minute class with a certified instructor and $1 off pints at the Santa Fe Brewing Company after!
Sips & Snacks
- Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays - Duke City Pedaler - Albuquerque - $20-$22
Take a ride through 'AlBREWquerque' to see why we rank #4 on Livability.com's "10 best beer cities in the country" list. The Beer Bike begins its 2.5-hour route at the brand new Albuquerque Tourism & Sightseeing Factory ("The Factory"). Stops may include Marble Brewery, Tractor Brewing Company in Wells Park, Rio Bravo Brewing Company, Boese Brothers Brewery, Duel Brewing, Sidetrack Brewing Company, and Back Alley Draft House. The DCP has mug club status at each brewery so riders can enjoy discounts at each stop (3 total).
- Fridays - Sangria & Paella at Vara - Albuquerque - Free admission
Join us every Friday for live music, freshly prepared paella from Malaguena's Latin Tapas and Vara's signature Sangria prepared in-house with Vara wines. Fall evenings should be spent with friends, good food and great wine. Choose to sit on our heated patio, around one of our firepits or cozy up in the tasting room. Bring your friends and your appetite ♥ Salud!
- Saturdays - Geeks Who Drink - Albuquerque - Free admission
Is your brain bursting with random knowledge? Were you afraid you'd never find a use for all of it? Grab your geekiest of friends and head to Red Door every Saturday at 8PM and put all that trivia to good use. It's always free to play and there's sweet prizes for the top teams!
- Sundays - Red Riser Yoga - Albuquerque - Free admission
Start your Sunday Funday off right with Red Riser Yoga!! No experience necessary, $5 suggested donation, all funds go to a rotating charity. Bring your mat, bring a friend, and have fun. See you on the mat! Stay up to date with the charity of the quarter on our Facebook event page
- 3/16-3/17 - Southwest Chocolate & Coffee Fest - Albuquerque - $3-$18
The nation's largest festival dedicated to chocolate, coffee, and gourmet foods featuring the finest chocolatiers, coffee roasters, candy makers, bakers, breweries, wineries, and gourmet food companies. Live entertainment, professional cooking demonstrations, and a dedicated Kids Zone with free activities.
- 03/02 - Albuquerque Terrain Race - Albuqueruqe
Join us at an event and help thousands of athletes have the time of their lives - plus you get to experience Terrain Racing for free! It takes tons of people to create a slick course and a fun day for our athletes. Volunteer today and get a free registration or $30 in Terrain Store credit!
- 03/09 - Black Light Run Albuquerque - Albuqueruqe
Do you want to be part of the magic? Would you love to work closely with the Blacklight Run™? Do you want to both be a part of the Blacklight Run™ experience while also making it better for participants? Do you want a $20 in merch from the BLR Store? Do you want to give your time and help give back to local charities and the U-Run movement? Did you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions? We thought so. We want you to volunteer to work with the Blacklight Run™!
- 03/30 - 5th Annual Great New Mexico Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival - Albuqueruqe
Food Truck Festivals of America is heading to Albuquerque for the 5th Annual Great New Mexico Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival! Featuring some of the area's most popular food trucks, dishing out fan favorites.
Search the Blog
CategoriesCareer Advice Cash Store News Cash Store Products and Offers Credit Cards Credit Scores and Reports Education Holidays and Special Occasions Infographics Money Management and Financial Literacy Money Saving Tips Philanthropy Uncategorized
How Much Can I Get?
USE OUR CALCULATOR TO FIND OUT
QUICK AND EASY
Save time in the store by applying online.
By completing submission you agree to Cash Store Terms. Cash Store will send you communications and product announcements targeted to your interests. You may opt-out at any time.