Free or Budget-Friendly DFW Events in March 2019
by Cash Store Staff
Free Family-Friendly Events
- 03/02 - Market at the Star - Frisco Market at The Star is an outdoor market at The Star in Frisco. This pop-up event will feature a curated mix of fashion, jewelry, home décor and other unique lifestyle goods' vendors on Saturday, March 2. The open-air market will host 80+ professionally assembled 10×10 vendor booths running directly through The Star's Entertainment District. Additional entertainment at the market will include food specials from neighboring restaurants, children's activities and more! Entrance and parking will be free to guests.
- 03/03 - Mardi Gras Oak Cliff Parade - Dallas The Mardi Gras Oak Cliff parade is the largest and most diverse event held in Oak Cliff. From schools and churches to service organizations and neighborhoods, on over to brass bands and New Orleans flare, a representation from every facet of Oak Cliff and New Orleans are welcome and included in the Mardi Gras Oak Cliff Parade!
- 3/12-3/17 - Spring Break at the Nasher - Dallas FREE admission from 11am - 5pm! March 12, 2019 - March 17, 2019 Bring the whole family to enjoy a week of FREE programming at the Nasher in celebration of 2019 Nasher Prize Laureate Isa Genzken. Investigate big ideas in Genzken's work through interactive resources.
- 03/13 - Dallas Contemporary Stroller Tours: Margarita Cabrera - Dallas STROLLER TOURS + STORY TIME ONE WEDNESDAY PER MONTH @ 10.00 AM Parents and caregivers are invited to bring children ages 18 months and younger for an educator-led stroll through our current exhibitions. We encourage conversation, questions, + animated babies! Tours are followed by an artfully-inspired story time in the galleries.
- 03/21 - Unity Through Music - Southlake In a world of diversity, where values and ideals often clash, music leaps across gaps and brings us together. Music unites strangers, making them friends. Join us as we present a unique and diverse musical offering.
- 03/24 - Student Festival - Dallas In celebration of the launch of a student-created zine, the Nasher will host an afternoon featuring music and interactive projects inspired by themes in the work of 2019 Nasher Prize Laureate Isa Genzken. FREE admission.
- 03/30 - Festival of Joy - Dallas Kalachandji's and the Crow Museum of Asian Art present the 2nd annual Festival of Joy with a Parade, Music, Dance, Free Food and a Splash of Spiritual Culture at Klyde Warren Park on Saturday, March 30th 2019. The event will begin at 12 noon with a euphoric parade through the Arts District, and return to Klyde Warren Park for festivities that will continue until 8 pm.
- 03/16 - Dallas St. Patrick's Parade & Festival - Dallas Celebrate St. Patrick's Day by attending the largest St. Patrick's parade in the southwest, beginning at Greenville and Blackwell St. The parade also includes a festival celebration with live music, beer and good times.
- 03/16 - McKinney St. Patrick's Day Festival & Shamrock Run - McKinney The festivities will kick off with the Shamrock Run 5k at 9am! The start and finish line will be in front of TUPPS Brewery located at the historic McKinney Cotton Mill. Register EARLY for discounted pricing!!! Your fee includes race chip timing, Sharmrock Run t-shirt, finishers medal and a swag bag! Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall male and female and 1st place stroller! The St. Patrick's Day Festival will begin at 10am! We'll have delicious food, plenty of cold beer, 2 Irish bands, dancing, costume contests with awesome prizes, kid friendly activities and lots of amazing shopping with local boutiques and shops!
- 03/02 Garland's Gone Fishing - Garland $5 Join us at Ablon Park Pond for fishing, family, and fun. The event is open to all ages. A fishing license is required and only 1 pole per person will be allowed. Prizes will be awarded. Anyone fishing must be pre-registered by March 1.
- 3/2-3/3 RFD TV's The American Rodeo - Arlington $20+ The American Rodeo returns to AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas in 2019. Mark your calendars now to attend the World's Richest Weekend in Western sports March 2-3, 2019. Athletes are currently competing at qualifying events in the hopes of earning a chance to rope or ride in this incredible rodeo. At the event, amateurs will compete against a mixture of champions and top athletes from the PRCA and WPRA for their share of the $2.35 million purse. Come early each day to and enjoy the Fan Zone. Cowboy Church starts Sunday at 10:30am.
- 3/8-3/10 North Texas Irish Festival - Dallas $5-$20 Dance, play and celebrate at the North Texas Irish Festival at Fair Park. This family-friendly event includes music, cultural talent, kids rides, workshops, whiskey tastings and more!
- 03/10 B - The Underwater Bubble Show - Richardson $24-$37 Inspired by Cirque du Soleil, the show is rich in various stage effects using the latest laser technologies, snow cannons, soap bubble tornadoes, theatrical fog, gigantic smoke rings, smoke-filled soap bubble machines, optical illusions and many other surprises. After another long day—as always filled with things to do, meetings and deadlines to be met—Mr. B finds himself transported, as if by magic, to a special, colorful, happy place called Bubblelandia.
- 3/11-3/15 Spring Break Safari Week - Dallas Price of admission
Get out of the house and into the gardens with your family during Spring Break. Enjoy discovery-themed activities and crafts each day! Included with admission.
- 03/12 Truth in Comedy - "Get Lucky" - Dallas $18 21 & up. Truth in Comedy, or TiC for short, is a storytelling, stand-up comedy, and art show where humanity is the muse. It's a unique experience that's raw and beautiful. Three individuals will tell a very personal story from their life, aka their truth, where they will be very open, honest, and vulnerable. Afterwards, a comic will perform a set inspired by the story. At the end of the night, a visual artist will present a triptych they created inspired by the stories as well. Join us for this unique experience to see why no matter what we go through, we can always find something to smile or laugh about.
- 03/16 The Bremen Town Musicians - Dallas $5 The Dallas Opera's exciting new production, The Bremen Town Musicians, is an operatic version of the Brothers Grimm classic fairytale set to music by Rossini, Donizetti, Offenbach, Arthur Sullivan and Verdi. This children's opera tells the tale of a rooster, dog, cat, and a donkey whose paths cross on the way to the town of Bremen. Working together as a team to overcome difficult circumstances, the newly-formed Bremen Town Musicians celebrate the idea that friendship, cooperation, and respect for others is far better than facing our problems alone.
- 3/1-3/30 The Lego Movie Days - Grapevine $21.95 LEGOLAND Discovery Center is celebrating the long-awaited "The LEGO MOVIE™ 2: The Second Part" with movie-themed event days. After watching the sequel, fans can enjoy "The LEGO MOVIE " Days at the attraction. Special themed activities include "The Lego Movie" Mystery Mosaic build, scavenger hunt and character meet and greets.
- 3/1-3/31 Dallas Blooms: Life's A Picnic - Dallas Free-$15 With more than 100 varieties of spring bulbs and over 500,000 blooms bursting with color, the Dallas Arboretum announces "Life's A Picnic" as this year's Dallas Blooms theme. The spring festival features an extraordinary, larger-than-life, picnic scene topiary comprised of a stunning 40'x40' picnic blanket, vase of flowers, picnic basket with pie and a giant picnic ant.
- 3/1-3/31 First Ladies: Style of Influence - Dallas $16 First Ladies: Style of Influence examines how the role of the first lady has evolved over time, and how first ladies have used their position to advance diplomacy and other social, cultural, and political initiatives.
- 3/21-3/24/ & 3/29-3/31 Down for #TheCount Women's Theatre Festival - Dallas $18/$25 Back for a fourth year, BATC's Down for #TheCount is a one-act play festival featuring six dynamic female playwrights from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds articulating the strong female voice in this #MeToo movement! This staged event breathes life into their compelling, hilarious, and heartbreaking stories. True to BATC's mission, Down for #The Count is a vital platform for the perpetuation of innovative theatrical productions where a variety of female voices may be heard. Down for #TheCount is suitable for audiences ages 18 and above.
- 3/22-3/31 Tuck Everlasting - Dallas $15-$40 TUCK EVERLASTING Script by Mark J. Frattaroli Based on the book Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt Recommended for ages 10 and up What if you could live forever? What if you were asked to keep a shocking secret? Young Winnie Foster suddenly finds herself faced with these dilemmas when she ventures from her routine one single summer morning. What she encounters at the foot of a magnificent tree in the woods on her family's land brings her face to face with monumental life choices. A romance, a new family, perhaps eternal life? What follows is a whirlwind of events and a life-affirming adventure that The New York Times called "fearsome and beautifully written." Considered one of the classics of modern children's literature, this poetic story comes intensely to life on the DCT stage.
- 3/22-3/31 DISASTER! - Dallas $30-$50 Uptown Players continues its 2018-2019 season with the hilarious 2016 Broadway hit, Disaster!, a musical comedy created by Seth Rudetsky, and written by Seth Rudetsky and Jack Plotnick. It’s 1979 and New York’s hottest A-listers are lining up for the opening of a floating casino and discotheque. What begins as a night of boogie fever quickly changes to panic as the ship succumbs to multiple disasters including earthquakes, tidal waves and infernos. "Knock on Wood," "Hooked on a Feeling," "Sky High," "I Am Woman" and "Hot Stuff" are just a few of the scintillating hits that will drive you wild in this hilarious side splitting homage to classic disaster movies of the 1970’s.
- 3/27-3/31 2019 DFW Auto Show - Dallas $11-$50 For 37 years, the DFW Auto Show has given automotive enthusiasts in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex the opportunity to experience the latest and greatest vehicles the manufacturers have to offer. For those who are in the market to purchase a new vehicle and for entertainment seekers alike, this spring new car and truck extravaganza is the place to be. The Show has grown from 30,000 square feet at Market Hall to more than 650,000 square feet at Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in downtown Dallas. Visitors are treated to exciting displays from the manufacturers who use the Show as a platform to introduce current and future year models.
- 3/1 & 3/7 - Spanish Cheese and Wine - Dallas - $40 Discover the cheeses of Spain. We will roam from region to region tasting and talking about each cheese. Deliciously paired wines enhance this exquisite sampling. Join us for a Spanish experience you won't forget!
- 03/02 - Texas Independence Day at Oak Highlands Brewery - Dallas - Free Admission Join us for our Texas Independence Day Celebration! We've got BBQ from Double M BBQ, award winning Texas beer and great Texas music. We are also releasing our award winning Tejano Pecano in our taproom. You may all go to hell. I'm going to OHB!
- 03/03 - Art, Music & Wine - Grapevine - $35 Art, Music & Wine features the art of Becca Gordon, music of the ensembles of Texas Chamber Music Project and the wine of Messina Hof Winery. One glass of Messina Hof Wine is included in the ticket price.
- 03/08 - Cheese 101 - Dallas - $40 Join us as we nibble our way through the different cheese types. Experience comparative tastings of cheese and out-of-the-ordinary items that will help you focus on the distinct flavors of each cheese type. We will cover the basics on how cheese is made and answer questions about cheese pairing fundamentals. Of course, there will be soothing libations provided to be enjoyed in the relaxing atmosphere of the shop!
- 03/14 - French Wine and Cheese - Dallas - $40 Explore the land of 1000 cheeses paired with the fantastic wines from several of the best wine regions of France. Experience true cheese bliss, or as you might say in France, Joie de Vie!
- 03/15 - Epic Unplugged at the Barley House - Dallas - Free admission A MTV Unplugged style experience with vocals, full band, and string quartet. Come out and sing along to your favorite EPIC rock songs from Pink Floyd, Oasis, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin and many more...
- 03/21 - Beer vs Wine SMACKDOWN! - Dallas - $40 Which is truly the better pair with cheese? Will wine lovers shake their stems in the agony of defeat? Will beer lovers mourn by crying into their...well...beer? Even if you know the answers to these vexing questions, who wouldn't love the experience of putting these two elixirs to the test?
- 03/02 - Dash for the Beads Run - Dallas The DASH FOR THE BEADS (DFB) volunteer event committee is pleased to announce this is the tenth year to host the event. The 10th annual event will feature a 5K & 10K chip-timed Fun Run/ 1-Mile Walk/Costume Contest/Family & Pet Friendly Mardi Gras Festival and Beer Garden with live music. Mardi Gras-themed Event on Saturday, March 2, 2019 in Kidd Springs Park benefitting Oak Cliff Children & Youth.
- 03/02 - Trinity River Levee Run - Dallas The 15th Annual Trinity River Levee Run includes a 5K, 10K, and a Half Marathon! Each course includes the rare opportunity to run across the beautiful Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge, and only the Levee Run gives you the experience of start and finish lines on the bridge! Entry includes a free Levee Run t-shirt for the first 4,000 to register, chip timing with live results posted online, and a unique finisher's medal!
- 03/02 - BT5K Dallas - Plano The BT5K Breakthrough for Brain Tumors Run & Walk is the American Brain Tumor Association's national signature fundraising event, taking place in cities coast to coast. Your participation allows the ABTA to provide vital brain tumor resources to patients and their families, fund promising research studies, and conduct nationwide brain tumor educational programs.
- 03/16 - Dash Down Greenville 5K - Dallas Dress up in your luckiest gear and prepare for the St. Paddy's Day Dash Down Greenville 5K, beginning at Central Market. There will be food, a live band, beer and cash prizes!
- 3/8-3/10 - North Texas Irish Festival - Dallas Volunteer applications are now being sought for NTIF 2019. We have all kinds of openings available for all age groups and also for families, church groups, singles groups, corporate groups etc. For each 3-hour shift worked you will receive a free beverage of your choice at the Festival. One 3-hour shift gets you free admission into the Festival on the day of your shift. Two or more 3-hour shifts get you free admission into the Festival on all three days plus you will receive a free NTIF volunteer T-shirt.
Sips & Snacks
Search the Blog
CategoriesCareer Advice Cash Store News Cash Store Products and Offers Credit Cards Credit Scores and Reports Education Holidays and Special Occasions Infographics Money Management and Financial Literacy Money Saving Tips Philanthropy Uncategorized
How Much Can I Get?
USE OUR CALCULATOR TO FIND OUT
QUICK AND EASY
Save time in the store by applying online.
By completing submission you agree to Cash Store Terms. Cash Store will send you communications and product announcements targeted to your interests. You may opt-out at any time.