6 Ways to Save Money on a Quinceanera
by Vanessa Trevino
Many Latina girls dream of the perfect quinceañera to celebrate their “Sweet 15.” Some parents will even save up over several years to help throw a memorable “quince” – short for quinceañera - for their daughters.
In some cases, quinceañeras have gone from homegrown events to lavish celebrations. The average cost of a quince ranges from $15,000 to $18,000, which is practically the cost of a wedding. Today’s celebrations are filled with elaborate elements such as limousines, dancers, light shows, sit-down dinners, live music, and more.
As a parent, you don’t have to break the bank to throw your daughter a memorable and fun event. I’ve compiled some tips to help you plan a quince on a budget and save money.
- Host a Backyard Quinceañera. Instead of renting out a venue, transform your backyard into a festive atmosphere. Check out this Pinterest page on backyard string lights for ideas.
- Design your own decorations. Read Seventeen magazine’s guide on how to make inexpensive centerpieces with supplies you can usually find at dollar stores.
- Crowdfund the celebration. You might want to consider crowdfunding the party, a growing trend to help organize a party on a budget.
- Rent the dress. You can expect to pay an average of $1,500 for a quinceañera dress by a reputable designer. You might want to consider renting a dress, which is a service that may be available at your local dress shop.
- Create your own invitations. Several stores offer invitation kits that have templates you can use and then print at home. You can also do handmade invitations, which gives you the opportunity to be creative. Your local craft store will have supplies for handmade invitations. Another option is to make and send electronic invitation through an online e-vite site.
- Ask guests to take pictures – Good photography is expensive. To help you cut costs, ask friends and families to take pictures throughout the event instead. Their pictures will be free and in some ways, gifts that capture this special day. You’ll also get candid and interesting shots if friends and family take them.
I hope these suggestions help you realize that you have can a great quinceañera on a budget, and one that your daughter, family and friends will cherish for years to come.
Written by Vanessa Trevino
Search the Blog
CategoriesCareer Advice Cash Store News Cash Store Products and Offers Credit Cards Credit Scores and Reports Education Holidays and Special Occasions Infographics Money Management and Financial Literacy Money Saving Tips Philanthropy Uncategorized
How Much Can I Get?
USE OUR CALCULATOR TO FIND OUT
QUICK AND EASY
Save time in the store by applying online.
By completing submission you agree to Cash Store Terms. Cash Store will send you communications and product announcements targeted to your interests. You may opt-out at any time.